Welcome to Andrew Sui's Email Collection
From: "Stephen Wong" <email@example.com>
Subject: Fw: Movie Scenes
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 16:04:45 +0800
--------------------- Movie Scenes -------------------------------------
These are things which you would never have learned were it not for the movies:
- All telephone numbers in America begin with the digits 555.
- The ventilation system of any building is the perfect hiding place. No one will ever think of looking for you in there and you can travel to any other part of the building you want without difficulty.
- A man will show no pain while taking the most ferocious beating but will wince when a woman tries to clean his wounds.
- Kitchens don't have light switches. When entering a kitchen at night, you should open the fridge door and use that light instead.
- Cars that crash will almost always burst into flames.
- All bombs are fitted with electronic timing devices with large red readouts so you know exactly when they're going to go off.
- When confronted by an evil international terrorist, sarcasm and wisecracks are your best weapons.
- One man shooting at 20 men has a better chance of killing them than 20 men firing at 1 man.
- Most laptop computers are powerful enough to override the communication systems of any invading alien civilization.
- All computer disks will work in all computers, regardless of software.
- Action heroes never face charges for manslaughter or criminal damage despite laying entire cities to waste by their actions.
- When driving a car it is normal to look not at the road but at the person sitting beside you or in the back seat for the entire journey.
- If you are blonde and pretty, it is possible to become a world expert in Nuclear Fission at age 22.
- The more a man and a woman hate each other, the more likely they will fall in love.
Back to Contents